Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default FYI Word 2007 users who must have menus

It's a "forum" (look it up), not a MS support group. There is supposed
to be differences of opinion. I strongly differ with yours, for
example, but I'm telling you to shut up.

Actually, this is not correct. The microsoft.public newsgroup hierarchy are
hosted by Microsoft for the purpose of user peer support. The fact that they
are propagated to other news servers and slurped by Web portals (including
Microsoft's own) is irrelevant: Microsoft owns these NGs.

Moreover, the purpose of these NGs is support. Although there is an
inevitable amount of discussion and chitchat, their primary purpose is for
people to ask questions and get answers. That being the case, it might be
argued that any post that is not either a question or an answer (or at least
an attempt at an answer) is off-topic.

And although it certainly does people some good to kvetch and have others
agree with them, it does not help anyone. If you come here and complain
about something you don't like and we can tell you a way to work around it,
or explain that you have misinterpreted it and there's actually a way for
you to do what you want after all, then that's useful. When we begin to lose
patience is when people won't take no for an answer. If we tell them, "There
is no way to do this in Word," and they keep coming back and asking how to
do it, it's very frustrating. Similarly, if we tell someone, "Sorry, that's
just the way it is. Deal with it," and he keeps coming back and complaining
about it endlessly, then it does become very wearing, not least because we
have a sincere desire to help, and there is no way we can help in this
situation.

"LurfysMa" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 16:20:44 -0400, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:

Larry,

I don't see anything cheap in the shot at all. Of course that is my

opinion
and it differs from yours.

And from mine.

My point remains that anyone that has been reading your posts recently is
fully aware that you don't like Word2007. To continue the diatribe is

well
... sounding like a broken record.

Then ignore his posts.

Again this is just my opinion. Your
endless grousing about Word2007 here in this formum is not going to bring
back the old UI.

It's a "forum" (look it up), not a MS support group. There is supposed
to be differences of opinion. I strongly differ with yours, for
example, but I'm telling you to shut up.

And your endless happy face is, at best, useless.

You have other options. Designing your own software was just one of

them.

Idiotic statement.

--
Running Word 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000