Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jackie

Default Word 2003 creating copy documents

No Suzanne. What's happening is a secretary is creating a document and
saving it into someone else's folder. She then e-mails that person with
the name of the document and they open it up from the folder. It's not
a case of the secretary still having the document opened as they don't
get any warning message and the secretaries assure me they've closed
the document down. From what I can see most of them are double
clicking to open the document. I'm baffled!