Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default infinity symbol ... conflict of information?

The Unicode character number is 221E. Where do you see U+221E? Are you
referring to the Windows Character Map? The only way to insert the character
in Word is, as you said, 221E, Alt+X, or directly from the Symbol dialog, or
via a keyboard shortcut you assign.

"Dave Horne" wrote in message
I see in the Character Map for Arial, the font I always use, that the
infinity sign is U+221E

No matter what I try, I do not succeed in Word using U+221E.

I see in Insert \ Symbols, however, I can enter this in using 221E ALT+x .

That works. Why does the U+221E not work in Word? Just curious. Thanks,
DH