Patrick Heilman

Default stripping commas from merge data

Does anyone know a way to manipulate the results of a mergefield? I need to
strip the commas out of the value of a merge field.

The merge data is coming from an application that dynamically creates a temp
Word document containing comma delimited values for the word merge. Those
values that have spaces or commas are enclosed in quotes. It then
programatically opens the merge template and executes the merge against the
merge data into a document where the mergefields have been made static.
I can't change the data in the source and since the temp file has a
different name each time I can't program that in the word template.
Is there any string manipulation that I can do before the merge finishes or
in the mergefield code?

TIA,
Patrick