Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mal Mal is offline

Default Word document & Works WordPad

My new computer has Windows Vista Home Premium, and my old computer had
Windows Office XP . I copied some Word files and folders from XP Office to a
CD. When I installed the files and folders in my new computer, they showed up
as Wordpad documents in Microsoft Vista Works Word Processor. I then
installed Windows Office Word 07. I want to convert the copied files from
Microsoft Works Word (WordPad file association) to Microsoft Office (Word
doc. file association), so that I might use the old Windows XP files and
folders in Vista Office Word 07. How might I accomplish this?

Mal