Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word document & Works WordPad

You've got several things mixed up. Vista and Windows are operating systems
that do not have a word processor. Office and Works Suite are collections of
programs that do contain word processors. Okay, that's enough school for the
day. ;-)

If you had Works and now have Word 2007, try copying your files over to your
hard drive (do not open them on the disk!) and then open them in Word. Save
them and you're good to go.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Mal" wrote in message
news
My new computer has Windows Vista Home Premium, and my old computer had
Windows Office XP . I copied some Word files and folders from XP Office to
CD. When I installed the files and folders in my new computer, they showed
up
as Wordpad documents in Microsoft Vista Works Word Processor. I then
installed Windows Office Word 07. I want to convert the copied files from
Microsoft Works Word (WordPad file association) to Microsoft Office
(Word
doc. file association), so that I might use the old Windows XP files and
folders in Vista Office Word 07. How might I accomplish this?

Mal