Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Calendar gal Calendar gal is offline

Default Multiple headers

When I use section breaks it sometimes wipes out my existing header that
includes the page number and line numbering 1-25 down the side of the page.
I'd like to keep the page number and line numbering plus add "Smith - Direct"
or "Smith - Cross" in the header. How do I apply the section breaks
correctly? I've already switched the breaks to continuous so I don't get a
new page.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

What's wrong with using section breaks? That's Word's mechanism for dealing
with varying header/footer material. Page numbering can be continued from
previous sections while still varying the header.

[If they alternated, then you could use the Different odd and even option
(Page Layout ribbon tab - Page Setup launcher - Layout tab). But, my
experience with transcripts is that they don't alternate uniformly.]

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Calendar gal" wrote in message
Typing Court transcript and need headers to reflect "direct" and "cross"
examination on pages.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Homework question?

Calendar gal wrote:

Word 2007. How do I create different headers in one document that is
not
separated by chapters/page breaks/sections?