Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sandra Williams[_2_] Sandra Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with Preferred Column widths in Word 2003

I'm importing a number of tables from excel into a Word document. I
have written a simple macro that should set the column widths. Sample
code:
Selection.Columns.PreferredWidthType = wdPreferredWidthPoints
Selection.Columns.PreferredWidth = CentimetersToPoints(4)
When the macro has run, table properties show the column widths to be
what I expect - BUT that isn't what the width actually is. (I can run
the macro on two different tables and get two different sets of column
widths)
What seems to be happening is that the overall table width remains
constant and the column width setting is acting almost like %.

Is there a way to set the absolute column width for each of the
columns? - perhaps a table property that I need to set?

Thank you

--
Sandra Williams
Sandra Williams's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=6085