Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
smif smif is offline

Default Breaks lost after updating TOC in Word 2002 SP3

I'm using Word 2002 SP3. I have a TOC that spans multiple pages. I want the
first chapter to begin on a new page, so I inserted a page break after the
TOC. Problem is, after I update the TOC, the breaks are gone and the first
chapter starts on the last page of the TOC, which makes the page numbering
wrong throughout. I found something about ALT-F9 and inserting paragraphs
but I either didn't understand it or it didn't work. Can you suggest
something? Is this a known bug? Thanks.