macropod

Hi UsedBits,

I don't understand how you got "Thursday, the 16rd of December, 2004" - the
same field returns "Thursday, the 16th of December, 2004" for me, with
superscripting.

Cheers

"UsedBits" wrote in message
Charles & MacroPod,

All I can say is "Wow!" Thanks!

I first saw this kind of date arithmetic way back in the early eighties

when
working on the lowly IBM system/34 RPG-based system. We had a bunch of

this
stuff for doing date arithmetic, including leap year. However, not only

did
I not know in Word how to 'parse the dates' as you have shown, I had
completely forgotten about all that stuff.

Oh - there is an error in the WOPR document. It incorrectly displays the
superscripted date (Insert A Date with Text using a Form Field). December
16, 2004 displays as "Thursday, the 16rd of December, 2004". The 'rd' is

not
superscripted.

Again, this is an amazing piece of work. It has opened a whole new world!

Regards,
UsedBits

"UsedBits" wrote:

I'm trying display a date with 120 days added to it. The date is merged

into
the document. The following formula {=DateAdd("d",120,{ MERGEFIELD
"ODP_DATE" } ) } simply displays the formula as a text literal with the
merged date whether or not contained in a 1x1 table.

The document reads something like this:

You have 120 days from {MERGEFIELD ODP_DATE} to return service. The new
date is {=DateAdd("d",120,{ MERGEFIELD "ODP_DATE" })}.