Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default text file into tab-delimited file?

Did you try opening the file in Excel? It should automatically display an
Import Wizard that accommodates comma separated values -- you shouldn't need
to convert it to a tab delimitated file first.

Also note the focus of this group is for Word related issues. For future
Excel questions the Excel newsgroups are the best place to obtain Excel
related help. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Jeff" wrote in message
I have a text file (*.txt) consisting of words separated by commas.
Example:
Smith (324), Andrews (512), Henry (112), .... etc.

Is there an easy way to convert this into a tab delimited file I can
import into a spreadsheet?

Thank you.

Jeff