Have you applied a style that includes the 0.5" indent? If you are using
styles consistently, there should be no "bounce."

"crysalian" wrote in message
The document is a work in progress....when I go back and edit, the page
numbers are already in place using the header/footer toolbars. There are

no
blank spaces at the beginning of the lines. If/when I change the text in

the
body of the document and then go back to proofread, I find the margins are
the same but the indentation amount is not consistent. The indentation in
set in the toolbar above the document but seems to bounce to the left,
creating an uneven appearance in the text. When I verify the settings,

they
are correct for 0.5" indentation. As i scroll down through the document to
reset the lines that need to be indented, that's when I find the bouncing

of
the amounts.

"crysalian" wrote:

Why does my paragraph indentation keep changing? I have checked and it

is
set correctly but it keeps changing any way...a space or two either way.
Also....my auto correct periodically wants me to capitalize the first

word of
each line even though it is not a new sentence.

thanks