Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Annette Annette is offline

Default How do I use field codes to format a number into currency?

Got it - thanks so much!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

It is the correct one, but you have not interpreted it correctly. Note the
extra field brackets {} inserted with CTRL+F9 around the whole.
This is a calculated field surrounding the mergefield.

Annette wrote:
Wow...a lot of info! Let's see if I picked the correct one - I would
add * 100\# "0%" before the closing }. And it looks like there's a
space between * and 100, and between # and ".

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Annette wrote:
It works!!! I've been looking for this ever since we switched to
Windows XP and Office 2007. I have problems with percents, also -
what would I add to the code to keep the number as a percent rather
than reverting to a decimal?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Press Alt+F9 to reveal the field codes and insert

\# "$,0.00;($,0.00)"

before the closing }

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Andrea" wrote in message
I would like to format my numbers in a mail merge to be shown as
Currency so
with $ and 2 decimals. I know I can do this with a field code but
can't get
it to work.