Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Spoonemore Spoonemore is offline

Default Mail Merge - table connection

If this answer posts twice, I apologize-I received an error about server
being busy.

What vesion of Office are you on? There should be a 'browse' function to
allow you to change to a different file or database.

Word 2003-using the Mail Merge Wizard, it should be on Step 3 of 6.

Word 2007-when you click to 'select recipients', you click on 'use existing
list'. You should get a display that allows you to search for a different
file or database. It will default 'My Data Source' but you can search other
folders.

"RR" wrote:

I'm trying to create a new set of letters, using a word document which has
had a previous mail merge. I can't get the new excel name-address list
connected to the letter model. It keeps listing the previous table of
name/addresses.
Thought/suggestions?

Thanks,
RR