Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Default Form Page In Word and Auto Calculate

Hi Mike,

Delete the existing formfield that you're using for the calculation and do this instead:
.. press Ctrl-F9 to create a blank field
.. type "=NUMB1+NUMB2" between the field braces, so that you end up with "{=NUMB1+NUMB2}"
.. add any formatting switches you need (see Word's help file)
.. protect & use your form.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Mr. Mike" wrote in message ...
I created a form page but can't figure out how to auto add a table of
numbers. For example, I have 2 text fields of type number and number format
is in dollars (this can be in any number format). I bookmarked each field as
NUMB1 and NUMB2. Now in a 3rd text field I created, bookmarked as SUM, I want
to have the sum of NUMB1 + NUMB2. I tried to define the text field as
Caclulation, the Expression as "=NUMB1+NUMB2" and the Number format as
dollars. When I test out the form page I can enter in values in NUMB1 and
NUMB2 but SUM always has $0.00 and never changes. I tried checking Calculate
on exit and that did not have any affect.

My Question is do I need to do anything else and what?

Does this require a macro and where can I go to learn how to write a macro
to do this and other things?