Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dragonwing

Default How do I get the bottom of the window in Word to show page num

Enabling Background Repagination seems to have done the trick: Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're in Normal view, be sure that background repagination is not
disabled (Tools | Options | General). Switching to Print Layout view will
reenable it. Also, if you are using the "Wrap to window" or "Draft font"
features in Normal view, pagination may not be displayed.

"dragonwing" wrote in message
"Status Bar" is already selected.

"jkh" wrote:

Go to Tools, Options, View and make sure Status Bar is selected.

"dragonwing" wrote:

I just switched from the Word that came with Works 2000 to the Word

that
comes with Microsoft Office Professional. Before, the page

numbers--total
and current--always showed up on the bar at the bottom of the window.

Now I
can only get the page numbers to start displaying by doing a word

count. Is
there a way to make each document automatically display page numbers

on that
bottom bar the way it used to?