Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Amy

Default How do I decrease the space above the footnote separator?

The footnote in my case has an empty paragraph before the footnote text,
creating the extra white space. It's greyed out, so I cannot get at it to
delete it. How do I get rid of it?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Make sure that the footnote separator doesn't include any empty
paragraphs; turn on the display of nonprinting characters to find out
(if you need instructions, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm). Also, make
sure that the Footnote Text paragraph style doesn't include formatting
such as "Keep lines together", which could cause a lot of white space
in the body text paragraphs.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Simon" wrote in message
Word 2000: Sometimes the space above the footnote separator is used

with
text. But in most cases there is free space, which could be used for
additional text lines, which are put unfortunately on the next page.

The text
at the end of one page and the text at the beginning at the other

refers to
the same paragraph: Indents and spacing are 0; Problem with and

without
orphan control; all other check boxes of the "line and page breaks"

tab are
not marked. Paragraph spacing before and after footnotes and

separator are 0.
Can you help me, please?