It also tells you whether you have Track Changes enabled or have
accidentally kicked into Overtype mode and various other "status" issues
including saving and printing. For documents with more than one section, it
can be an invaluable troubleshooting tool.

wrote in message
ups.com...
The status bar tells you where you are in the document. I always know
that. In WordPerfect, if I forgot what page I was on, I could simply
hop down a few lines to the end of the page. Now I have to add the
status bar, which takes up space, and except for the page number,
clutters the screen with useless info.