Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default "Translating" normal.dot to Word 2007?

Hi Fan,

If you still have your old templates with custom created toolbars, when you open or attach (Alt,T, I) one of those templates then
the toolbars should appear in an 'Add-ins' tab. (i.e. the custom toolbars are stored in templates and add-ins)

If you customized built in Word toolbars in a prior version then those don't appear, only 'homebrew' ones.

It's possible that the admins at work may have done more lockdown of the app than in prior versions, but you may want to check the
settings in
Office Button=Word Options=Add-Ins and in the Option Trust Center settings as well.

Ribbon customizations can be created outside of Word 2007, and can be stored in files that may or may not be considered 'install'
items by the settings your admin folks have invoked, but you may find it helpful to work with them if they allowed customizations in
previous versions to get what you need in this one.

============
"StargateFan" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:05:01 +1000, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:

See the article "Toolbars and Word 2007" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm

Started out positively, but no go. I'm at the office. We can't
install; registry is locked up tight. Can't edit it.

The only reason I'm using Word 2007 is because that's what they have
and I can't use an earlier version.

Are there any add-ins that give me complete functionality without
being installed since we're block from installing apps; the that also
doesn't require Word 2000-2003 be installed alongside, as this article
describes?

Re the ribbon: typical. 1 step forward to 2 steps back! sigh For
those of us who had all the commands they needed on a handful of
toolbars saved to the normal.dot, the ribbon is slowing us down
incredibly! I've customized the QAT somewhat, and the other small
access toolbar at the top but they're not going to come close to what
I've been working with with my own customized toolbars.

Any other links appreciated re fixing this problem. Googling brings
up too much unrelated info.

Thanks! D
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)