Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default autocorrect parentheses

I don't see a way to do what you are asking via AutoCorrect. Sorry.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Millie C." wrote in message
That's what I do. But it would be nice if it autocorrected it as I type.
--
Millie C.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you considered using Find and Replace (after you've finished typing
the
document)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Millie C." wrote in message
It happens because I am a bad typist. I hit the spacebar after typing
an
opening paren. I want Word to autocorrect it for me.
--
Millie C.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Why is the space being added in the first place? If it is added by
Word,
the
underlying cause might be an incorrect (?) language setting, since
punctuation behaves differently depending on the language applied to
text.

In other words, it might be easier to specify the appropriate language
in
the text than to get rid of a space via AutoCorrect.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Millieac" wrote:

I am trying to create an autocorrect to remove the space after a
parentheses.
In other words I want to replace a ( and a space with just (.
However,
when I
go to autocorrect, the Add button will not enable when I do this.