Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
John Pryor John Pryor is offline

Default Graduated fills in Word 2007

Thanks for coming back, Bob

What I was referring to was the individual cells of a table, and comparing
them to cells on an Excel 2007 spreadsheet. It appears (to me) that there are
more options available for cell shading in Excel that there are in Word. Or
am I missing something?

John

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi John,

It can depend on what you're trying to use the Gradient fills on. Word 2007 only implements part of the new Office 2007 graphics
engine (Escher 2) so there's a bit of a mix between old objects and new objects as far as method.

In general many of the features are the same through the ribbon.
If, for example you use Insert=Shape then select the shape you should get to the Drawing Tools=Format ribbon tab and can use th
Shape Fill=Gradient choice in either Word or Excel 2007.

"John Pryor" wrote in message ...
Is there a facility for using graduated fills in Word 2007 as there are in Excel 2007?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP