Graham Mayor

Documents created from templates using file new are not saved in the
template folder, but in the user document folder.
I suspect you are using documents as templates rather than templates as
templates. If that is the case, save them as templates and make the shared
folder the Workgroup folder for each of your users.

ES wrote:
I have a number of Word templates stored on a shared folder. When
users create new documents from these templates, is there a way to
change the "Save To" location? i.e. I do not want them to be able to
play around in the shared folder.

It is also important to note that the new Save To location will differ
depending on the document type, content, etc.