Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default View Merged Data DISAPPEARING OBJECTS

Hello. Last night for I don't know how many hours, I sat here and i
figured out how mail merge works on my own. I had it working perfectly
except for when I would simulate the merge I get "Word found locked
fields. Word cannot update locked fields." Though it still entered all
the data where I needed, I wanted to get rid of this error message. So,
to fix it I chose to select all (Ctrl+A) and then I hit Ctrl+Shift+F11
to unlock any field I had in the document. This fixed the error,
however when I view merged data or merge the data to a printer (which
is what I need to be doing with this document everyday of every week)
some objects disappear. I did not CREATE the original document. I
edited it and cleaned it up and made it work with Mail Merge (to give
you an idea; I work at an eye clinic and we have an exam package that
can be up to 16 or 17 pages - we have to write a name, date, date of
birth and ID number on each of those pages - so I'm going to use mail
merge to make this easier adn quicker) so I have no idea what they used
to create the portion that is disappearing. In order to edit the
disappearing portion I have to right-click it and hit edit picture. As
far as I see this only happens at this spot in the document (it's 9
pages currently). ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on XP Pro
and I'm running Word 2002 (free from the company... i'd much rather
office XP but whatever). Thanks in advance!