Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default "pattern" in Word 2003?

Yes, the follow-up post, though still not very informative, did seem to
suggest that rather than a "shape."

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
I think you may got it right with text that's filled with a pattern.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
We may never know. I wanted to clarify whether he/she was trying to force
words into a shape (such as a circle).

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
I thought maybe he was talking about highlighting words with a pattern
instead of a solid color but that just didn't seem like a good idea.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I still don't know exactly what you mean, but I assume you want letters
(as opposed to "words") with a pattern fill. The only way to accomplish
this is with WordArt.

"Chris" wrote in message
On Thu 15 May 2008 18:59:42, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

What sort of pattern? We need a fuller description.

When I asked how to add a pattern to selected words, I meant patterns
like:

dots, slant lines, vertical lines, horizontal lines, criss-cross
lines,
etc.

Also would it be possible to create a button on the toobar which gives
direct access to a selection of these patterns?