Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default New document from Templates

If your computer gets too slow or crashes after several days, isn't that an
argument for rebooting more often? Mine doesn't slow down and never crashes.
Also, since I have DSL, my firewall and virus/spyware scanners would have to
be working all night while I'm not, and that seems pointless to me.

"Ishay" wrote in message
Thanks anyway.

I normally turn on my computer, and leave it on for several days until it
gets too slow or it crashes. I do this, since turning it on and off puts

much
more stress on the procesor and memory. Anyhow servers are on for months,

and
they last a long time.

Ishay

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Well, I shut down my computer every night and boot up every morning

(which I
think does it good), but the first thing I do after Windows (and all the
other bits and bobs) finally finishes loading is start Word, which is

the
last thing I shut down before quitting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
Fair comment. I tend not to think of that as I can leave it running

for a
week or more sometimes, never mind a day.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What you have to realize is that for many Word users, a Word session

is
not
a whole day (as it is for me) but the length of time it takes to

create
or
edit one document.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
It is only a single click once per Word session, isn't it.

If you really want to do it with the keyboard, Tab six times (or
Shift+Tab
twice), press the right arrow and then Enter. On balance I think

the
one
click is easier.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Unfortunately, no, this is not possible.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Ishay" wrote in message
I want to know if there is a way when I Open a New document

from
the
Templates in my Computer, instead of appearing all the

Templates
in
the
"Large Icons View", they should appear in the "List View". It

is
only
an
extra Click, but since I use more Keyboard shortucts I can

open
then
template, without taking my hand from the keyboard.