Graham Mayor

The removable media suggestion is potentially a good one, but unfortunately
Word and such removable media do not sit comfortably together. Recent
security updates have contrived to make it difficult to save to them, not
least because of the potential for document corruption. If this works, there
should not be a problem, provided the documents are small, but with the most
recent version of Windows XP, it could be an issue, and there is always the
potential for document corruption lurking in the background. I would
therefore treat this method with caution.

A removable hard drive may be a better bet, though as with any removable
media there is a danger that it could fall into the wrong hands.

Sam Hobbs wrote:
This is a little (a lot?) off-topic, but I can suggest other
possibilities. If you choose to pursue one of these, then there are
other groups that can help.

I assume the files do go somewhere before they are deleted, and I
assume they are copied. It might work to simply move them instead of
copying them.

Another possibility is to use removable media, and then the documents
can exist only in the removable media. At the end of the day, remove
the media and send to wherever the data is destined for. There are
some wonderful technologies currently available, such as Flash Drives
and USB drives. We can now have a GB of data stored in a device that
is about the size of a postage stamp; the same type of thing used in
Cell phones and cameras for their memory. However for those (Compact
Flash cards) we need a reader/writer, but those are cheap. A USB
drive is about the size of a thumb and plugs directly into a USB
port. One place to look for good deals on things like that is:

http://rasputinj.com

"Teri D MT" wrote in message
Hello! I am trying to help some of my coworkers learn to use Word.
Since we
type medical info, we are not allowed to keep patient information on
our computers (we work at home for a hospital). I would like to
make a macro that we could run that would automatically find and
delete all the dictation
that we typed that day so that it will not stay in our computers. I
myself
of course know how to delete files manually, but some of the newer
users are
petrified of trying anything, so I'd like to make them a macro to do
it for
them until they get a little more used to Word. Thank you for any
help. --
Teri D MT