Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ivory_kitten

Default Accounting Format

Yes thanks! I don't know why it was doing it!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Yes,

{=SUM(ABOVE) \# "$[tab]#,##0.00;($#,##0.00)"}

with a tab space inserted where [tab] appears above works for me.
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ivory_kitten" wrote in message
Can you do this within a field? My field keeps putting in 2 tabs even
though
i only have one tab marker!?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Put a Right Aligned Tab Stop in the cells and then insert a tab space
between the $ and the # in the formatting switch. You will of course
need
to use Ctrl+tab to insert the tab spaces if the field is in a table cell.

Note, you can't use a Decimal Tab Stop in this situation.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MJones" wrote in message
Hi,

I've placed a formula in a cell, but the dollar sign shows directly to
the
left of the number. I choose the option $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00).

Is there a way to use the Excel type accounting format where there are
spaces between the dollar sign and the numbers so the dollar signs line
up
evenly against the left side of the cell?

Thanks,

Michele