Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Inter-Document Cross-Referencing

Combine the documents. Word can handle documents of hundreds even thousands
of pages. Make sure you backup your work regularly.
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

"Mohammad Sadeq Dousti" wrote in message
Hi Pesach,
And thanks for the great advice.

INCLUDETEXT is a good trick indeed, but REF has one advantage: The /r
switch. It inserts the entire paragraph number of the bookmarked
paragraph in relative context. With INCLUDETEXT, the actual "text"
goes there, not the paragraph number. For example, I can't cross-
reference section "3.4.6" in another chapter (say, chapter 5), as
"3.4.6" is the paragraph number and not the bookmarked text.

Any ideas?

On Dec 11, 12:34 am, Pesach Shelnitz pesach18(AT)hotmail.com wrote:
Hi Mohammad,

You can reference bookmarks in another file by using the INCLUDETEXT
field,
which is similar to the REF field, but refers to text in another file. The
syntax is {INCLUDETEXT "filename" [bookmark]}.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Mohammad Sadeq Dousti" wrote:
I'm writing a book, and each chapter is typeset in a different MS Word
2007 file.

It's easy to cross-reference within each document, but, is it possible
to cross-reference between chapters?
.