Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default DOCPROPERTY in letter header can this be merged?

Use a DOCVARIABLE field and set a document variable using the data from
Access.

While some people say that DOCVARIABLE fields will cause problems in
headers, my experience is exactly the opposite and I believe that it is
DOCPROPERTY fields that have the problems.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"justagrunt" wrote in message
Thanks,
If this is a custom property that I have created for a mail merge, the
field
name is in the custom properties and the information is taken from an
access
table.
I give it the parameter {DOCPROPERTY "QuoteRef" \* MERGEFORMAT} The
"QuoteRef" is also used elsewhere in the letter and populates OK.
Do I have a possible problem with it being in the Header?
Is there any reason that the Custom Property will not work in a Header?
Is there a correct way to get a mail merge field into the header?
--
Regards
Bill

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Bill,

DOCPROPERTY fields need to be given a valid parameter to work. You can
see the list of valid parameters if you insert one via
Insert|Field and click on the 'options' tab.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]