Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Open 2007 Word docs in Tech Refresh

I hope that you realise that you were using a Beta Version of the Software
and that it should not have been used for critical documents.

See the thread in this newsgroup with the subject "READ BEFORE INSTALLING
OFFICE 2007 B2TR" that was started by Patrick Schmid on September 15.

To access your documents, you are probably going to have to do is to
uninstall Office 2007 completely (as there is no separate uninstall for
B2TR) and then re-install 2007 Beta 2, then you can open them and save them
in Word 97-2003 format, so that after you then upgrade to B2TR, you can open
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dylan Kissane" Dylan wrote in message
Hi:

I downloaded the 2007 Bets and loved it. I downloaded the TR yesterday and
now I am finding that I cannot open any of the 2007 Word docs I have
created
over the past weeks working with the Beta.

If 2007 Word TR is already open the error message I get is 'The file *name
of file* is not available'.

If Word is not open I get an error message that says "Word cannot open
this
document template (C:\...\STARTUP\EN7CWYW.dot). I click 'OK' (the only
choice) and then I get the error message above (The file is not
available).

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or, even better, how I can
fix it?

Thanks,

Dylan