Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Peter Twydell Peter Twydell is offline

Default How do I create a custom (text) sort order in Word?

In message , SueT
writes
A simpler solution, which I use, is to number the values in the order in
which they should appear. Thus I would use:

1. Not Started
2. Active
3. Transferred
4. Completed

I suppose you could use Search & Replace, after sorting, to remove the
number, punctuation and space at the beginning of each value should it be
unacceptable for them to appear in the finished document.

You could also make the sort key hidden. I use this method for address
labels, inserting the sort field (usually a surname) as hidden text in
front of the printable text. One advantage is that you don't have to
delete anything after the sort, and it's still there if you add other
data in between.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!