Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Copy to a new template

Set up the template to suit your needs (layout and styles), create a
new document based on this template, and then use Insert | File to
bring in the contents of the old document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Matthew" wrote in message
I am trying to update a lot of documents using new styles and page

layouts.
The page layout needs mirrored margins, so that I always have a

wider margin
on the outside of the page (the document will be printed on both

sides of the
paper). I though I could set up a new template with the page setup

I wanted
and then copy the contents of the document from the old version into

the new
template. When I do this the text aligns left of my left margin!

How do I
apply the text to the new template?

Also I need to change all the styles from the old document. Ideally

I will
be able to set up a template with the new styles (with the same

names as the
old ones) and Word will update the formatting for me. Is this

possible?

TIA