Jim Weiler

Unfortunately I don't have the 'have disk 'choice. The first dialog is local
or network, none of the rest have the driver location. Same problem with
Windows 2000 printer driver install help - A new print driver downloaded from
the Internet needs to be installed. It says double click add printer, select
'my computer'; but no such choice, just local/network etc. It's a network
printer and the drivers are suposed to come from the server so maybe that's
the problem.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, Jim. To install the unpacked files, click on Start | Control Panel
| Printers | Add Printer | Have Disk | browse to the folder where your
unpacked files are located | OK.

Jim Weiler wrote:
Suzanne, I did that, that's why I asked the question. The .exe just unpacks
the files, it does not install them and there is no setup/install file in the
unpacked list.

"Jim Weiler" wrote:

The download from HP is a bunch of files with no install. What do I do with
those files to get the fix to work.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What is the printable area and what printer do you have? Go to
File/Page Setup, make a modification to the margins and when prompted
click the "Fix" command to determine this.

If the bottom margin is 2.67" and you have an HP printer then this is
a known bug. You can obtain an updated driver from the HP web site:
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/index.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Pam Coleman" wrote in message
news
When I print a document which is set to the letter size default, it
will tell
me I have "one or more margins set outside the print area.......,
when I
click on to continue, it prints and divides the pages, when I go
back and
print it again it prints ok, does anyone know what could be wrong,
it does
this with everything I print, word, outlook documents sent to me.
Could
removing and installing my printer help?

Thanks,