Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Julie B Julie B is offline

Default Mergefield conditional, need to skip blank line

Hello,

I am using Mailmerge and have created some conditional formatting in order
to skip certain fields if the data is blank. However, now the blank lines are
being left in my document. Is there another mergefield code I can use to
remove blank lines?

Here is what I have so far:

First three lines are fine, blank lines are skipped because there is no
conditional formatting:
{ MERGEFIELD €œFirst_Name€ } { MERGEFIELD €œLast_Name€ }
{ MERGEFIELD AgencyCompany }
{ MERGEFIELD €œAddress€ }
Then the fourth line is this:
{ IF{ MERGEFIELD €œCity€ } €€ €œ{ MERGEFIELD €œCity€ } €œ }{ IF{ MERGEFIELD
State } €€ €œ{MERGEFIELD State } €œ }{ IF{ MERGEFIELD Zip_Code } €€ €œ{
MERGEFIELD Zip_Code }€ }

I would like to tell the fourth line to skip if it is blank. Any help would
be appreciated. Thank you!

--
Julie ~ Former WordPERFECT user.
Attempting to soak up all the knowledge from other generous Word & Excel