Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tim tim is offline

Default Word 07 - Spell Check suggested word list

Have you tried adding words to the Custom Dictionaries?

Tim

"Howard Cross" wrote in message
Hi Gordon,

Yup! Not my form and it comes to me with a boat-load of typos that require
correction. This client is Canadian and it may be proper there. I'm
looking for a method to expedite the editing process. I've mentioned the
fact that they have a high number of spelling and grammatical errors and
it seems to fall on deaf ears. They're probably struggling trying to
support their database system.

--
howard

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Juvenal

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Howard Cross" wrote in message
Is it possible to add words to the suggested word list that are
displayed in the Spell Check dialog box and the context sensitive pop-up
menu?

Is there a way to add alternative forms of the root word that is not
recognized so I can select the form that applies to the need? For
example, when spell check encounters the shortened for encls. for
enclosure the option is enclose, uncles, etc. I've added it to
autocorrect but it doesn't show up on the suggestions list.

suggestions?? thanks

--
howard

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Juvenal

Actually the usual abbreviation for enclosure is "enc." not "encls"