Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Howard Cross Howard Cross is offline

Default Word 07 - Spell Check suggested word list

Bob & Tim,

Thanks for the ideas, I added enclosure to the custom.dic but that entry is
not being used in the suggestions. I thought that would just ensure that
'enclosure' would not be marked for correction. My goal was to keep the key
strokes & mouse clicks to a minimum.

I just created a new document and typed the abbreviation and then
right-clicked the error and enclosure was not amongst the choices.

--
howard

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" - Juvenal

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
The Main Dictionary can't be modified, but I believe words added to custom
dictionaries are included in the list of suggested replacements as long as
the Spelling & Grammar options are set appropriately. Have a look in Word
Help at Create and Use Custom Dictionaries.

A custom dictionary might help, but have you given any thought to Find &
Replace? It's far more versatile & capable than many ever discover.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Howard Cross" wrote in message
Is it possible to add words to the suggested word list that are displayed
in the Spell Check dialog box and the context sensitive pop-up menu?

Is there a way to add alternative forms of the root word that is not
recognized so I can select the form that applies to the need? For
example, when spell check encounters the shortened for encls. for
enclosure the option is enclose, uncles, etc. I've added it to
autocorrect but it doesn't show up on the suggestions list.

suggestions?? thanks