Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Paul Paul is offline

Default Transfer bullet text from Journal body to Word headings

I've typed in a lot of text in many Outlook Journal entries as bullet
text at various levels of indentation. I was hoping there was a
clever way to transfer this text over the a Word document as various
heading levels.

For example, in the body of the journal entries, I only use bullet
text a indentation levels 0, 2, 4, etc.. I would like to transfer
these paragraphs into Word as Heading 1, 2, 3, etc.. That way, I can
uset Outline View to selectively collapse huge parts of the
information out of view.

I thought the bullet text from the Journal entry would paste into Word
as Bullet 1, 3, 4, etc., in which case I could use the Style/
Formatting pane to select all paragraphs of a particular style and set
them all to an appropriate Heading level. No such luck, all the
paragraphs are Normal+Arial,10pt.

Is there a way to accomplish this conversion? I'm using Office 2003
on Windows XP.