Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] me@privacy.net is offline

Default Word best for research papers? Or something better?

Does there exist special word processing software that
is "optimized" for writers of research papers or books?

Something that is even better than Word?

Say I want to write a huge dissertation or technical
book at some future point in my life. Something that
requires a lot of research, etc.

Does there exist a specialized word processor that will
"help" me to make that process as easy as possible as
far as tracking sources, formatting, etc?

Or is Word abt the best there is?

I'm a 48 yr old college student and have never written
a research paper in my life... so all this is a bit
alien to me. G