Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Simple Question

I have never discovered a way to get DDE to connect to anything except the
first sheet in a workbook. You can specify a sheet and range of cells if you
connect using ODBC (most versions of Word or OLEDB (Word 2002/2003/2007),
but as you probably know they tend to introduce other problems.

To do it with ODBC you have to use VBA. With OLEDB you can do it using an
ODC file or with VBA - which (if any) would you prefer to try?

Peter Jamieson

"Bstice" wrote in message
I am trying to do a mail merge with an excel sheet that has several sheets.
I am sure there is a way to specify which sheet to use when the merge
helper
asks if I want to use the entire sheet or not. I have tried plugging in
the
following which is the sheet name and cell range:

'Consolidated New.'!1:1475

This causes the action to time out and the DDE connection to break. If I
just want to use a range of cells on one sheet in a workbook with multiple
sheets, what do I need to do to process a mail merge. I know that you can
pull the sheet out by itself, but it would be nice if that didn't have to
happen. Thanks for your help.