bob green

Default Word freezes while editing tables

I have a document that consists of a series of Word tables. The file
is about 215 kb.

I had been working on this file on and off over several days. While
recently working on this file the hour-glass symbol came on and the
computer "froze". No error message, I just couldn't do anything. I
closed down Word and the computer, and the same thing happened when I
tried to work on this file (e.g copying, navigating through the file).
I can open other Word files without problem.

I installed a copy of the Staroffice program, and was able to open
this file and save all the tables to an older version of this file.
However, as soon as I added the last table the file in Word froze
again.

I have Office 97 and XP installed. I also ran a virus scan. No
problems were detected. Any advice regarding what this problem might
be and how it might be fixed would be appreciated,

regards

Bob Green