Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Need to rid document of styles

Tools | Templates and Add-ins | Organizer or Format | Style | Organizer.

"RobinB" wrote in message
What do you mean by the "organizer?"

"Jezebel" wrote:

Use the Organizer. Select all styles and press delete. You'll get an

error
message, which you can ignore, for the undeletable styles.

"RobinB" wrote in message
I frequently get large documents that have existing styles embedded

into
the
text. My job is to put it into a particular format using my existing
styles
that I have set up for our company. I have been running into problems

with
the old styles still embedded from the original document. Is there a

way
open a document and clear it of all of its existing styles? The way I

have
been doing it is to save it as an ".rtf" and then opening it back up

in
Word.
Any tricks or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.