Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word to pdf file

How are you creating the PDF?

"Lee" wrote in message

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

If you are using the Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter virtual printer to
create your PDF files, then you can click on File | Print |
Properties | Font Embedding, and embed (or not embed) the fonts
of your choice.

Lee wrote:

I need to hold the fonts and styles from word in new file. When I

convert,
much font changes. Is there some way to simply hold the fonts from

word,
without re-defining and editing in the pdf file?

Is there another alternative "print to file". If I send files in this

way,
will all the fonts hold; and can a printer use these files in the same

way as
pdf?

Thanks.

reply:

I don't have adobewriter. But I do appreciate the "embed font" function,
which may be available in some other pdf software as well. Also, I still
wonder if "print to file" will render useful files for printing. thanks.