Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date

If the original DATE field contains a formatting switch, then changing DATE
to CREATEDATE will not alter that switch; the format should stay the same.

http://word.mvps.org

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
You may also need to add a formatting switch to retain the same format -
Press ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE
\@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your
letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct
dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location.

See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automatic_date_update.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field
code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The
date displayed will be the date the document was created, and it will not
change.

http://word.mvps.org

"AMYJO" wrote in message
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to
the
current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I
am
using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I
can
see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file,
but
I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date
last
modified for the file.