Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
WordUser1797

Default Word should optionally use "Continued" with tables that span p

Thank you - After I did the search initially (and didn't find an appropriate
subject) and then submitted this, I noticed several other posts with the same
question. I have been using Word since it was first released, and I think it
is a very good program. However, I am surprised MS hasn't incorporated a
solution for this into the program. It just seems natural that if you have a
table that spans more than one page, there would be some method in the
program to identify that in the table header. Maybe they'll read all these
and do something about it. Who knows.

You have a good day!

"Jezebel" wrote:

Format the first row of the table to include the "continued" and set that
row to repeat as header. Then on the page where the table starts, place a
white rectangle over the "continued'. Anchor the rectangle to a cell in the
first non-repeating row. Cludgy, but it works.

"WordUser1797" wrote in message
In my work, I create pages with tables that are long enough to span pages.
would like to use the automatic feature in Word that repeats the specified
table rows (Title, Column Headings, etc). However, due to the formats I'm
required to follow, I cannot use the auto row repeats since I must use a
'Continued' after the title if the table spans a page. I also cannot use
'text boxes' to put 'Continued' after the table title, since text boxes do
not seem to stay put when the document is transferred to another computer.

As far as I can tell, Word does not allow an option to add a word such as
'Continued' after the title when the rows are duplicated. I'm sure that
other people who use tables would also like this feature.

If it already exists, I would appreciate knowing how to implement this
feature.

Thank you!

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.