Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mailmerge and underscores

As an additional suggestion on this one, instead of using a leading
undescore tab, try using an ordinary tab and applying the underscore to it
using ctrl-U

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Larry B." wrote in message
I have two problems that have existed since Word97 and continues into Word
2007.

I develop a form that is populated from an Access database. When I
underscore the mergefield, any leading and trailing underscores are not
aligned with the mergefield underscores. Further, if I use a leading
underscore tab to align the next item, the spot under the tab is not
underscored at all.

e.g., Name: __mergfield1{leading underscor tab} Date:
__mergefield2{leading underscore tab}

The mergefields are underscored using ctrl-u.

Is this a bug? If not, what technique do I need to follow to get this to
work?