Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Default Multiple independant Digital Signatures [ Office 2007]

No. As you have discovered, writing the second signature involves changing
the file, invalidating the first signature. A digital signature relies on a
checksum of the file: if you change the file by as much as a single bit, the
signature will be invalid.

On 31/1/07 9:08 AM, in article
, "James Conley" James
wrote:

Do you know if MS Word [or Excel] 2007 support having multiple digital
signatures [independent of each other] on a single document?

That is - can I put 3 signature lines on a document, sign it, and route it
to the other two people so that they can sign it also? Every time I try this
the document gets saved when the 2nd person signs the document which triggers
invalidating any prior signatures. I've tried this in Sharepoint Portal
Server 2003, Outlook email attachments, and finally by putting the document
on a file share and they all result in the same thing happening - signing the
document invalidates any previous signatures.

James C.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410