Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Change font colour for all new typing in a document??

Word can't do what you want automatically except by using Track Changes. But
there is a more manual way...

Define a new style that includes the colour you want. This should probably
be a character style rather than a paragraph style (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/stylesms/index.html) so you can apply it to
parts of a paragraph.

Apply the style to each new piece of text as you type it or paste it
(http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...lyAStyle.html).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bill wrote:
Hi All,

I've got a document with black text and it needs to stay that way. I
don't want to use track changes for this if possible. I would like
everything I type from now in this one document to be in another
colour and cannot see how to do it?

Anyone any ideas please?

Ta.
Bill