Stefan Blom

Good to know!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
There are also some (international) footnote numbering styles that

aren't
directly available from the dialog, but bracketed numbers aren't

among them
:-(

Some styles that are possible...

1., 2., 3., ...
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=5

Circled numbers (up to 20):
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=wdNoteNumberS tyleNumberInCircle
or
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=18

01, 02, 03, ...
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=22

-1-, -2-, -3-, ...
ActiveDocument.Footnotes.NumberStyle=57

You can type the line of code in the immediate VBA window (Alt+F11,

Ctrl+G).

Regards,
Klaus

"Stefan Blom" wrote:
You can clear the superscript attribute from the Footnote

Reference
character style. However, there is no built-in way to add leading

and
trailing text to footnotes. You could add them manually (by

typing) or
hope that someone can come up with a macro. If you know some VBA
yourself, perhaps you could modify the macro given at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...scptFnotes.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"HT" wrote in message
WindowsXP
Word2003

I saw this on a document and don't know how to re-create it.

The footnote reference in the text reads "(1)"..then at the end

of
the page
the footnote reads "(1)blahblah"..when I create a footnote I only
get the
number not the formatting.

Thanks in advance...