Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori S Lori S is offline

Default "h" and "t" allowed in form Number field

Using Word XP, created multiple text form fields of the type Number. If I
type an "h" or a "t" or combination of both in any of the fields, Word allows
these letters; it does not allow other letters. I can type "h", "t", "ht"
"th" "123t", "123h", "123ht" "123th", etc. It makes no difference whether or
not I select a Number Format in the Text Form Field Options dialog box. Is
there a reason this is happening? Thank you.