Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ucmlamb ucmlamb is offline

Default Create summary Formula field that automatically updates

Thanks for your help:
a. I tried inserting an Excel sheet but once imbedded it also requires a
manual update - unless I am doing something wrong.
b. I cannot find any documentation on how to create a formfield that does
calculations on other field/column values - can you help here? Also if I
convert the document to a form can I still use Mail Merge to create the form
and fill in other fields?

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

No. Not with your current method.

You can a. embed an excel sheet or b. use formfields with calculate on
exit enabled in a protected form.

ucmlamb wrote:
I have a table and I would like to be able to calculate the sum of a column.
I added a Formula field but it requires that you manually update the field
for the calculation to take place. Is there a way to cause this "Total"
field to update automatically if any of the values in the column change -
similar to how it works in Excel.